Regarding Copan for Windows 09.02.
Bug Alert and Fix: Reading Wild/Leica (GRE/GSI) files
A change made, in version 08.12, concerning improved interpretation of precise angle observations in Leica GSI-16 files, had an unfortunate side-effect:
- When loading any Wild/Leica files into the field modules, some HI and HS values were interpreted wrongly. Slope distance were not affected.
- Please check the HI and HS values from any raw Wild/Leica field files (.GRE or .GSI) that you have loaded into Copan 08.12 or 09.01.
- The bug has been fixed.
Small Bug Fix: Listing field data
In the Field Data module, if you had any non-zero reference horizontal circle values, they would be incorrectly reported on a data listing as being zero.
The correct refHC values were always used for calculations, so the computed and listed results were corect.
The bug — that had always been present but only recently been discovered — has been fixed.
Export to Total Station: Improvements
- After a delay in testing this function, it is now possible to export Copan coordinates to Leica GSI-8 and GSI-16 formatted files.
- Points exported to Geodimeter .ARE files no longer have any blank lines separating them. Some instruments were OK with the blanks (added purely to aid visual inspection) but others complained.
Other Updates to Version 08.12
These items, described in the recent Bulletin but not the last News, were introduced in version 09.01 and are repeated here.
Further to the recent COGO refinements made in version 08.12,
- When you start COGO, the settings, such as Calc Mode and Units Factor, from your previous session are now remembered and used.
- When you change Calc Modes in COGO, the current From and To point numbers are now preserved.
- When you calculate an Angle in COGO, the bearings on the info display listing are now from the At point and to the From and To points (matching those on the dialog).
Further to the recent Area Calc refinements made in version 08.12,
- When you do a Map Trav, Map Check or an Inverse Map Traverse that contains curves, the "radial equality" test is now a little more tolerant.
(The tolerance for the test was appropriately very small for Map Trav and Map Check, where distances are entered.
However, for Area Calc, where distances are computed, the tolerance was too tight.)